sustainable sunglasses, lifetime guarantee sunglasses, plastic free sunglasses, cheap eco friendly sunglasses,womens sunglasses, eco friendly sunglasses uk, recycled sunglasses, sunglasses uk, sunglasses shop, designer sunglasses, green sunglasses, ethical sunglasses, slow fashion, sunglasses made from recycled plastic, durable sunglasses, conscious sunglasses, eco friendly sunglasses, eco-friendly sunglasses
On the hunt for sustainable sunglasses, it is important to remember that most conventional sunglasses are made with virgin plastics, and thus, not sustainable. 

Plastic is a petroleum-based substance, a resource which is non-renewable, it is also a product which cannot biodegrade, meaning even once we’ve snapped them and thrown them, they’ll never really go away. To top it off, they’re almost exclusively made by exploited workers, yet another reason to avoid them like the plague. 

Fortunately, there are companies who have sustainably and ethically outsmarted the environmental and humanitarian harms of the sunglasses scandal, developing production practices which harm neither the planet nor her inhabitants. Instead of plastic, they recycled, repurposed, renewable, or bio-based materials … and pay fair wages to their employees too.

To celebrate their thoughtful creations, I’ve lined up a few of my favourites here for your consideration, to return to next time your sucky sunnies snap.

SunGod sunglasses are the most durable sunnies on the market and come with an incredible lifetime guarantee. They're great sunglasses for outdoor hiking and sweaty sports. 
Where To Buy? uk.buymeonce.com

Handmade in Portland, Oregan, the frames of these beautifully crafted creations are made from natural materials like wood, stone, cellulite acetate (which is biodegradable), and responsibly sourced titanium, to create stylish wood sunglasses.
Where To Buy? Amazon or their website

This brand’s collection of recycled sunglasses or upcycled sunglasses are made from renewable resources which are biodegradable and hypoallergenic. A trifecta. Each of their laser-engraved designs is built from environmentally conscious things like bamboo, pearwood, ebony, old skateboard decks, cotton-based acetate, and recycled aluminium. The lenses are polarized and paired with stainless steel spring-loaded hinges. Each pair is made in Boise, Idaho where their flagship store is situated.

Bamboo sunglasses made from ten carefully layered, cross-woven and forged together to create an incredibly durable and epically light piece. Bamboo is a sustainable resource when the objects it is made from stays in wood form. In addition to their environmental commitments, they have also partnered with Optometry Giving Sight so that each pair of sunglasses purchased to give the gift of vision to someone in need.
Where To Buy? US buymeonce.com | UK uk.buymeonce.com

Sustainable sunglasses made from 97% recycled acetate waste, which is biodegradable, the remaining 3% made up of biodegradable made from biodegradable acetate. Each pair comes housed in a recycled leather case, accompanied by a cleaning cloth made from recycled PET bottles.
Paul McCartney’s daughter has been producing her collection of eyewear from natural and renewable resources.such as bio acetate. She is a member of the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) which is an alliance of companies which are working together to improve working conditions around the world. Her vegan sunglasses collection comes in a variety of styles.
Where to Buy? On her website HERE

Handcrafted plastic-free sunglasses with acetate frames and temples made from globally sourced sustainable materials such as bamboo, reclaimed wood and cork, packaged in cork hard cases.
Where to Buy? On their website HERE

This lovely collection of men’s and woman’s plant-based plastic-free sunglasses are made in my home country of Canada. Each purchase supports investments in local entrepreneurs.
Where To Buy? Their website HERE
sustainable sunglasses, lifetime guarantee sunglasses, plastic free sunglasses, cheap eco friendly sunglasses,womens sunglasses, eco friendly sunglasses uk, recycled sunglasses, sunglasses uk, sunglasses shop, designer sunglasses, green sunglasses, ethical sunglasses, slow fashion, sunglasses made from recycled plastic, durable sunglasses, conscious sunglasses, eco friendly sunglasses, eco-friendly sunglasses